Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dood.

Small portions are scary.

Do small portions scare anyone else, or is it just me?

I looked sadly at my sorry little one egg on my buttered half of an english muffin this morning - half of what I'd normally make for my breakfast - and all I could think was: "This will never be enough."

Guess what? It was enough.

I paid very close attention and waited until my stomach was growling for lunch. Sushi, 6 pieces left over from the dozen I bought yesterday. Again, the familiar sad feeling: "It's not enough."

But it was.

I walked 3.5 miles out and back from my house, a route that includes what I affectionately call the Hill of Death. I didn't get fatigued. I didn't waste away while I was out walking (dammit!). I didn't die of starvation. I have plenty of calories and energy to sustain an active day.

I wonder what life is like for people who don't have to obsess over this stuff. I almost hope they have some sort of other issue that consumes their life similarly, 'cause otherwise that just wouldn't be fair. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to enjoy my snack of a small chef salad.



Friends I made on my walk.

Old Girlie was not amused when she caught a whiff of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment