Tuesday, August 26, 2008

9/24/08

That's the day I scheduled my immersion body fat analysis and VO2 Max test (which is on a bike, not a treadmill as I originally thought). I am a little claustrophobic already at the thought of having my nose plugged up, but I'm hoping I can bring my tunes and zone out while taking the test.

So now that the date is growing ever closer, I'm getting more antsy to make sure I'm in great condition for the test. I went for a short bike ride after work last night; just around the block, but there were 3 significant hills involved, so that 15 minutes counted for something in my book.
Tonight, if I'm coherent and able to ambulate adequately after 14 hours here at work, I'd like to hit the treadmill for a run.

Right now, on only my 2nd daylight shift after 4 weeks of nights, I'm struggling just to keep my eyes open. The coffee isn't doing much to counteract the 4 hours of sleep I got last night, and the name beside mine on the schedule isn't doing much for my general mood either.

Hey. Here's a tidbit of good, though. Since I started this whole process in January, I've lost 31lbs. I try not to weigh a lot, as I tend to obsess over the scale, but it was good to see that it is still moving downward, albeit slowly.

It's working!

No comments:

Post a Comment