Friday, June 5, 2009

Ahhh... Pittsburgh in June

Clouds obliterate the sun or any thought in your mind that the sun could even be up there. It's jeans - and for lots of people - jacket weather, too. No need to remember the sunglasses for driving, but if you don't have a hoodie or jacket you'll be sorry.

This, more often than not, is Pittsburgh in June.

I sit here, on cup of coffee #5, wondering why it has no effect. Almost fell asleep at the wheel yesterday after a full night's sleep and caffeine quota fulfilled; then when I got to where I was going, I did fall asleep. It was like I had no control over it. Like someone had slipped me some Benadryl. Even when I was awake, there was a fog that enveloped and addled my brain and slowed my every move.

So, here I sit this morning - staring at the whitish-gray sky and willing the sun to COME OUT, ALREADY - please!

*sigh*

Better put on another pot of coffee.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. The sun is definitely in short supply this spring in western PA. Oh heck, it's in short supply most of the year! And still, we live here. Ahhhh picksburgh...

    ReplyDelete