Thursday, July 23, 2009

Something is about to happen

If you look at the clothes I'm wearing (same size as last summer), or the number on the scale (same number +/- 5lbs as last year), it looks like nothing is changing, despite 1 1/2 years in a therapist's chair, purchase of a very nice treadmill, pending purchase of a very nice bike, and completion of Couch to 5K.

Outwardly, where one can see, nothing is changing. Inwardly, I'm preparing. Ironically, if I'd just do less planning inwardly and just do something, some sort of change would probably be apparent right now. However, that's just not how I'm wired.

Things are changing. Up here. *taps head*
I'm realizing that what I am afraid of is being able to sustain a commitment to lifestyle change, with proper portion control and exercise every day. For right now, I'd rather sit here and blog and stress over it, and over-analyze it than to "just DO _______ ", whatever " _________" might be. But, be warned, it's coming. It's on its way. Right around the corner. Really!

I have a start day and time in mind. I'm not sharing that right now, but it's coming soon, and you'll be one of the first to know.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment