Sunday, August 9, 2009

Week in Review

Wow. What a week. Work-wise, I don't think it could get more stressful than the last 7 days. I'm really glad to have had a solid week of eating and exercise under my belt to keep me on an even keel, and able to deal with it all without - for the most part - resorting to food or sloth for comfort.

Recap:

Monday - C25K W2D1 - love the Podrunner intervals. LOVE.
Tue - BFS workout B - had half a donut at Critical Incident Stress Debriefing. Given what we'd all been though, and 2 tables-worth full of cake, pie and donuts spread out at the Fire Department, I think that's getting off pretty cheap.
Wed - I didn't do anything. I was up until 2am processing the events of the night before and could barely drag my ass out of bed.
Thurs - BFS workout A (wanted to make up the missed run, but I didn't leave myself enough time - that's what Sunday is for)
Fri - C25K W2D2
Sat - BFS workout B and C25K W2D3, making up the workout I skipped Wednesday. Couple miles on the bike, but they were verrrrry slow miles, doing my best to stay in formation in a parade.
Sun - Grab bag day! I don't have anything planned. I'd like to get the dog out for a walk. Maybe I'll ride my bike to Dan's again, just to prove the first time wasn't a fluke. Of course it's supposed to finally hit 90* here today, so maybe not.

The week's victories:

  • Eating half a donut may not seem to be a victory when one is going for optimum health and fitness. Putting it in perspective, eating just half a donut - while processing the carnage I saw Tuesday night and having easily the most ass-pucker-inducing call of my career - half a donut of the 2 tables full of donuts, cakes and pies available to us for the comfort-eating.. I'm calling it a win.
  • It was so difficult to get up Thursday and Friday mornings and get the workout in before work. But I did it. You should see the advanced mathematics that take place in my brain when the alarm goes off, and I have to calculate just how many more minutes I can doze (subtracting the 11 minutes that my clock is set ahead to "fool" me) and still get a workout in and make it to work on time. I almost talked myself out of getting out of bed Wednesday, telling myself I'd work out when I got home from work. Right. 12 hours of work and I'm going to work out when I get home? That got me out of bed. Same for Friday. Win.
  • Q. - What's even harder than getting out of bed to work out before work? A. - Getting out of bed to work out when you don't have to go to work. Lack of structure really does a number on my motivation, but I didn't let it stop me this weekend. Win.
  • Week 2 of C25K down. Win.
  • I planned my eating well this week. Big win.
  • Many long visits by my Unmotivated Self have been preceded by just one day like Wednesday, in which I had a semi-legit reason to sleep in and skip my workout. One day turns into two, then 3, then before you know it, six months have gone by because I needed an extra hour of sleep the one day. However, as hard as it was, I got up Thursday, literally bargained and forced myself out of bed, and kept the momentum going. Huge win.
  • GruntDoc, one of my favorite bloggers, featured one of my posts on his blog. Icing on the cake.



No comments:

Post a Comment