Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Our secrets keep us sick.

Truer words have never been spoken. It's a simple sentence with just enough alliteration to make it easy to remember and repeat. It's one you often hear if you, like me, are a fan of the show Intervention.

So, in the interests of disclosure and of staying healthy:

  • I still haven't exercised much in the past 2 weeks
  • I ate mindlessly at the cookout yesterday and had a mini-binge on 2 lemon bars and strawberry jello-pretzel stuff

It could have been worse. That - compared to one of my binges of say, a year ago - is like comparing a flea to a sperm whale. And I have gotten little bits and pieces of exercise; walking/jogging the dog around the lake, mowing the grass, running up and down the steps at work, lifting sick and injured people hither and yon. I just know I can be doing better. I'm hopefully getting my bike tuned up a little today, and getting the bike computer installed. The next 3 work days looked nice weather wise. I'm going to make every effort to ride back and forth to work on those days.

And if I don't.. well, I guess I have to come and confess.

No comments:

Post a Comment